Come Join the Team!
- Transporting students every morning for the morning run
- Transporting students and/or equipment on local, out of town and overnight field trips in accordance with routes and schedules
- Ensuring compliance with safe loading, riding and unloading procedures
- Consulting with teacher or administration regarding student behaviour
- Conducting pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with BC Motor Vehicle Act, BC Air Brake Manual, National Safety Code and BC Professionals Drivers Manual
- Reporting defects to Maintenance Manager or Principal, assists in assessing maintenance problems and performs minor running maintenance and emergency repair
- Ensuring interior cleanliness of school bus
- Completing paperwork
- Securing bus
- May provide emergency first aid
- Other duties as required
- Safety-minded, courteous and able to demonstrate customer service
- Friendly & welcoming demeanor
- Easy to communicate with
- Able to represent Maria Montessori Academy in a positive way in accordance with our values
- Enjoys working with and being around young people
- Open to constructive feedback
- Ability to read and interpret maps
- Ability to deal with student misconduct situations in a positive and proactive manner
- Ability to complete and maintain a log book
- Ability to problem solve, such as navigating through detours and unanticipated events
We are currently seeking a new preschool/kindergarten Classroom Assistant.
The successful candidate will be the third member of a team working with a class of 16 students beginning September 1st 2020. While the assistant will focus on any children with learning differences they also will assist the Montessori Directress and ECE Directress in guiding the entire class. Candidates should be flexible, able to collaborate and have a passion for working with young people.
– Strong work ethic, flexible attitude and willingness to learn about the Montessori philosophy
– Willingness to work in a team-oriented learning environment
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Experience working with the preschool/kindergarten age group
– ECE-A or willingness to acquire
– Current First Aid or willingness to acquire
– Experience in a Montessori environment is an asset
Interested candidates are invited to submit applications by email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Posting closes August 15th and we will begin contacting applicants the week of August 17th to schedule interviews.
We are currently looking to expand our Teacher on Call list and are looking for qualified teachers for all ages (ECE and K-12). The successful candidate(s) should be flexible, able to collaborate and have a passion for working with young people. Montessori experience is an asset, but not a necessity.
If you are interested in applying for any of the positions offered please submit a resume and cover letter to the vice principal Christine Tuttle at email@example.com
Qualified individuals will be contacted to arrange a tour and an interview.