Come Join the Team!
Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies Teacher / Technology Support
Maria Montessori Academy is an independent school in Victoria offering dynamic, hands-on learning to students from Preschool to Grade 12. This is a community based school boasting low student/teacher ratios and an all-around excellent working environment.
We are seeking a full time BC certified teacher to join our team from April 2021 – June 2021 with possible extensions. This is a dynamic role that involves .6 teaching and .4 technology support (hardware, software, & systems management).
This position involves teaching students in elementary, middle, and high school and includes instruction, preparation, assessment, classroom management, professional development and school meetings, and familiarity with the provincial curriculum; as well as the ability to provide overall technology support.
We are looking for a forward thinking educator and who is ready to deliver lessons from the Applied Design, Skills, & Technologies provincial curriculum and enjoys collaborating with other professionals. You are the right person if you love finding ways to integrate technology in cross curricular ways, have excellent time management skills, and are capable to teach students across the ages. Our ideal candidate is confident with Microsoft products, a keen ability to problem solve, and is a quick learner.
* BC Teacher Certification
* Bachelor degree in a related field
* Expert level knowledge of various hardware & software systems and ability to troubleshoot technological difficulties
* Well versed in numerous computer applications and programs
* Experience in providing technology support
* Knows and understands Microsoft Teams
* Interested in working collaboratively with colleagues
* Successful experience working with and understanding students of this age group
* Organized, punctual, and reliable
* Invested in professional development and furthering their own learning as a professional
* Excellent communication skills with students, their parents, and colleagues
* Current First Aid & CPR-C
* Excellent classroom management, behavioural management, and organizational skills
* Experience with the provincial curriculum
* Experience with MyEd BC
* Montessori training/experience
* Ability to maintain and promote working relationships with community professionals
* Willingness to contribute to a positive school culture by volunteering in extracurricular activities
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Vice Principal Christine Tuttle email@example.com by March 8th/2021. Please ensure that both are tailored to the posted position, and are checked for spelling and grammar.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
We thank all interested applicants, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Job Type: Full-time
Application deadline: 2021-03-08
Expected start date: 2021-03-29
We are currently looking to expand our Teacher on Call list and are looking for qualified teachers for all ages (ECE and K-12). The successful candidate(s) should be flexible, able to collaborate and have a passion for working with young people. Montessori experience is an asset, but not a necessity.
If you are interested in applying for any of the positions offered please submit a resume and cover letter to the vice principal Christine Tuttle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified individuals will be contacted to arrange a tour and an interview.