Come Join the Team!
Maria Montessori Academy is an independent school in Victoria offering dynamic, hands-on learning to students from Preschool to Grade 12. This is a community based school boasting low student/teacher ratios and an all-around excellent working environment. We are seeking a part-time Classroom Assistant to join our Upper Elementary team for the 2018/2019 school year. The successful candidate would join a team of educators passionate about providing a holistic learning experience for children. Experience with Montessori is certainly an asset but not a necessity.
Desired qualities in a candidate are:
* Successful experience working with and understanding students of the Upper Elementary age range (9-12 years old)
* Able to take direction as well as initiative
* Excellent communication skills with both children and adults
* Organized and reliable
* The desire to learn about the Montessori philosophy
* Experience and/or education with students with special needs is an asset
* Current First Aid or willingness to acquire
Resumes and cover letters should be directed to the vice principal of Maria Montessori Academy either by responding to this ad or in person at:
Maria Montessori Academy
1841 Fairburn Dr.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short listed applicants will be contacted.
We are currently looking to expand our Teacher on Call list and are looking for qualified teachers for all ages (ECE and K-12). The successful candidate(s) should be flexible, able to collaborate and have a passion for working with young people. Montessori experience is an asset, but not a necessity.
If you are interested in applying for any of the positions offered please submit a resume and cover letter to the principal, Mr. Patrick Vincentine.
Qualified individuals will be contacted to arrange a tour and an interview.